Power Choke Tester DPG – Series
the specialist for inductance meters
for inductive power components
Power Choke Tester DPG-Series
The Power Choke Tester DPG family is an innovative measurement instrument series for all inductive power components. The large-signal impulse measuring method provides a complete inductance curve as a function of the current L(i) or as a function of the applied time-voltage-integral L(∫Udt). Besides the incremental inductance and the secant inductance a lot of other parameters can be measured.
Measurement of the
- incremental inductance
- secant inductance
- flux linkage
- magnetic co-energy
- DC resistance
- flux density
By means of the optional 3-Phase Extension Unit also suitable for 3-phase chokes
3-Phase Extension Unit
The 3-Phase Extension Unit is an additional unit for the Power Choke Tester DPG10 series.
With the help of the 3-Phase Extension Unit the inductance of 3-phase chokes can be measured simply and quickly.
All three coils of the choke are automatically measured in succession without changing the connections of the test specimen.
The software takes into account the changed flux conditions in the core compared to a 3-phase sinusoidal current feed and corrects the measurement results accordingly using a sophisticated algorithm.
In relation to the measurement with 50 Hz mains voltage, this method is much simpler, faster and also more accurate.
MORE THAN JUST A HIGH CURRENT INDUCTANCE ANALYZER
Very wide area of application
The Power Choke Tester DPG – Family
an innovative series of measuring devices for all inductive power components
The large-signal impulse measuring method provides a complete inductance curve as a function of the current L(i) or as a function of the applied time-voltage-integral L(∫Udt). Thus the saturation characteristics of the power inductor can be seen clearly at a glance.
Besides the incremental inductance and the secant inductance a lot of other variables can be measured.
Meanwhile our Power Choke Tester DPG10 series is established worldwide as a standard measurement instrument in development, production and quality control of inductive power components.
Advantages of the inductance meters of the DPG series
- Very wide current range from <0.1 A up to 10000 A => suitable for all inductive components from small SMD inductors to very large power reactors in the MVA range, e.g.
- Filter inductors for switch mode power supplies, DC/DC converters etc.
- Filter inductors for uninterruptible power supplies, inverters etc.
- Power chokes for PFC etc. and commutation inductors
- Suppression chokes and Current compensated chokes
- Solenoids, coils of valves
- Transformers for flyback converters
- Power transformers, motors
- and much, much more inductive components
- Very simple and fast measurement, extremely light, portable and relatively inexpensive
- High sample rate and very wide pulse width range => suitable for all core materials
Measuring principle of the DPG Series
Our measuring principle
The DPG10 works on the principle that a constant DC voltage is applied to the test inductor, which corresponds to the inductor’s real operational conditions. This will result in a current ramp in the test component, whose di/dt slew rate is subject to inductance. If the pre-set maximum current limit is reached, the measurement impulse is cut off.
By making calculations based on the profile of the measurement current, a complete inductance curve L(i) for the test component can be produced by taking a single measurement. In addition to the incremental inductance Linc(i) and the secant inductance Lsec(i), the flux linkage ψ(i) and the magnetic co-energy Wco(i) can also be obtained from the measurement pulse. By entering the geometric core data the magnetic flux density B(i) can be determined too.
Market and technology leader in pulse inductance measurement
Trust in the quality and precision of our inductance meters
18 years ago, ed-k was the first manufacturer to develop and manufacture a commercial inductance meter based on the pulse measurement principle. Since then we have been the technical leader in this field. Our devices are in use in 35 countries on 4 continents.
Benefit in the long term from the Power Choke Tester DPG devices through:
- continuous improvement of the devices and the software
- a sophisticated safety concept that includes extensive safety and monitoring circuits
- the manufacturer’s own calibration service
- the long warranty of 4 years in the EU and 2 years worldwide