The Power Choke Tester DPG family is an innovative measurement instrument series for all inductive power components.
The large-signal impulse measuring method provides a complete inductance curve as a function of the current L(i) or as a function of the applied time-voltage-integral L(∫Udt). Thus the saturation characteristics of the power inductor can be seen clearly at a glance.
Besides the incremental inductance and the secant inductance a lot of other variables can be measured.
Meanwhile our Power Choke Tester DPG10 series is established worldwide as a standard measurement instrument in development, production and quality control of inductive power components.
- Measurement of the incremental inductance Linc(i) and the secant inductance Lsec(i)
- Measurement of the flux linkage ψ(i) and the magnetic co-energy Wco(i)
- Measurement of the DC resistance
- Calculation of the flux densitiy B(i)
- By means of the optional 3-Phase Extension Unit also suitable for 3-phase chokes
- More realistic measurement results compared to small signal measurement with DC bias or 50/60 Hz mains current measurement
- very easy and fast measurement
- Lightweight, portable and affordable price-point despite of the high measuring current up to 10000 A
- High sample rate and very wide pulse width range => suitable for all core materials
- Easy and intuitive operation via a user-friendly graphical user-interface
- Measurement results shown as diagram and as table
- Measurement report in pdf-format, data export and data storage (XML, CSV)
- For routine tests in mass production the instrument can be integrated easily in automated test environments by means of a DLL or by LabVIEW
If required we assist you with integrating the DPG10 series in your specific test environment.
- Development, research and quality inspection
- Routine tests of small batch series and mass production
- Very wide current range from <0.1 A up to 10000 A => suitable for all inductive components from small SMD inductors to very large power reactors in the MVA range, e.g.
- Filter inductors for switch mode power supplies, DC/DC converters etc.
- Filter inductors for uninterruptible power supplies, inverters etc.
- Power chokes for PFC etc. and commutation inductors
- Suppression chokes and current compensated chokes
- Solenoids, coils of valves
- Transformers for flyback converters
- Power transformers, motors
- and much, much more inductive components
The DPG10 works on the principle that a constant DC voltage is applied to the test inductor, which corresponds to the inductor’s real operational conditions. This will result in a current ramp in the test component, whose di/dt slew rate is subject to inductance. If the pre-set maximum current limit is reached, the measurement impulse is cut off.
By making calculations based on the profile of the measurement current, a complete inductance curve (which displays the DC pre-magnetisation dependent inductance profile) for the test component can be produced by taking a single measurement. In addition to the incremental inductance Linc(i) and the secant inductance Lsec(i), the linked flux ψ(i) and the magnetic co-energy Wco(i) can also be obtained from the measurement pulse. Further more the flux density B(i) can also be determined from the measurement pulse, after entering the geometric core data.
Publication in Bodo’s Power Systems magazine issue 11/2021 (impuls measurement principle DPG10) (format: PDF 1,2MB, language: english)
Publication in Bodo’s Power Systems magazine issue 12/2021 (DPG10 measurement principle in comparison) (format: PDF 6,4MB, language: english)
Publication in Bodo’s Power Systems magazine issue 03/2022 (DPG10 3~ Extension Unit) (format: PDF 0,76MB, language: english)