3-PHASE EXTENSION UNIT EXT1
3-PHASE EXTENSION UNIT EXT2
Compared to a measurement with 50Hz mains voltage this method is much easier and faster and also more accurate.
Thanks to the impulse measurement principle of the DPG10 series the measurement takes only 5 – 10 seconds and yields a complete inductance curve L(I), whose current axis is scaled with RMS values.
The measurement result is equivalent to a conventional measurement with 3-phase sinusoidal voltages and currents. Thereby a correction to 50 Hz or 60 Hz is possible.
There are two models of the 3-phase extension unit available. The model type EXT1 is suitable for all basic devices up to 3000 A (width 365 mm).
The model type EXT2 with a width of 470 mm is required for DPG10 – 4000B/F.
The maximum current, to which the 3-phase inductance measurement is possible, of course depends on the used DPG10 basic unit. With a DPG10-1500B/E the inductance curve can be measured up to around 880 Arms, with a DPG10-4000B/F up to around 2350 Arms. At higher inductance values the current decreases due to the limited maximum pulse energy.
Maximum possible RMS current versus 3~ inductance
Finite element analysis of a 3-phase inductor, flux distribution
Scope of delivery
- 3-Phase Extension Unit
- Cable set including:
- Test leads Force and Sense, 3-phase, 1 m each
- Star point test leads, 3-phase, 1 m
- 9 alligator clips
- Force und Sense connecting cables between DPG10 and 3-Phase Extension Unit
- Control cable between DPG10 and 3-Phase Extension Unit
- Only included in Extension Unit Ext2: Kelvin test leads 3-phase; 1.5 m; up to 5 kA (KK31-6)
- Operating manual German / English
- The DPG10 basic unit is not included in the scope of delivery
- Kelvin test leads, 3-phase, 1 m (KK31-4)
- Kelvin test leads, 3-phase; 1.5 m; up to 5 kA (KK31-6)
- Hard-top case (CASE1)
- Customer specific test leads on request